SENIOR PRINCIPAL, TREASURY
The Principal Sr. Treasury is a key role, and the selected candidate will have the opportunity to build out a best-in-class Treasury function and team. Reporting to the Sr. Vice President of Finance & Chief Financial Officer, the Principal Sr. Treasury is responsible for the development and implementation of all aspects of the treasury function, including management of cash, investments, and debt program.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Maintain key banking and lending relationships.
• Monitor liquidity and operating cash reserves and manage cash and short-term investments.
• Working in collaboration with the Accounting team, managing cash position and developing robust cash forecasts.
• Working in collaboration with the Outsourced Chief Investment Office, assist with the development and implementation of investment strategy and asset allocation recommendations that are consistent with the organization’s investment objectives, liquidity requirements, and enterprise risk tolerance.
• Ensure adherence to the investment policies adopted by the Board of Directors.
• Oversee investment portfolio administration.
• Monitor and verify investment manager and service provider fees.
• Evaluate financing options and lead debt issuance transaction planning efforts and transaction execution.
• Develop and implement a post-issuance debt compliance program, including compliance with borrowing guidelines, disclosure, tax, and debt covenants.
• Supports the periodic rating agencies' reporting process and credit review process
• Supports investor relations and reporting requirements, as needed
• Working with the Chief Financial Officer and Finance Staff, contribute to the development of Hoag’s strategic resource allocation strategy and its effective implementation.
• Develop Treasury staff and foster a high-performance team environment
• Develop Treasury Department policies and procedures
• Prepare Treasury reports and dashboards, as needed
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies
• Change Management
• Conflict Resolution
• Critical Thinking
• Data Analysis
• Decision Making
• Technology & Equipment Skills
• Interpersonal Skills
• Job Knowledge
• Oral/Written Communication
• Project Management
Organization Behavioral Competencies
• BUSINESS ACUMEN
• CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
• TRUST & ACCOUNTABILITY
• LEADER - INSPIRING LEADER & COACH
• LEADER- STRATEGIC AGILITY
• LEADER- TALENT DEVELOPMENT
Education and Experience
- BS in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or Accounting
- Preferred Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) or Juris Doctor (JD) Degree
- 10+ years of progressive treasury experience
- Financing transaction experience required
- Experience in cash management, banking administration, post-issuance debt compliance, and investment management/operations
- Prior experience leading a Treasury Team
- ERP, Treasury workstation, and banking systems experience