Research Analyst - Global Equities (Industrials & Energy)
- Causeway Capital Management
- Los Angeles, California
- Annual Salary: $115,000 – $155,000. Additionally, the Research Analyst will be eligible for an annua
- Mar 21, 2023
- May 20, 2023
- Job Function
- Equities Research: Buy Side
- Industry Sector
- Asset Management, Finance - General
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Company Overview: Causeway Capital Management LLC provides equity investment management services primarily to institutional clients including corporations, pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, superannuation funds, public retirement plans, Taft-Hartley pension plans, endowments and foundations, mutual funds and other collective investment vehicles, charities, private trusts and funds, model and SMA programs, and other institutions. The independent, 100% employee-and former employee-owned firm, based in Los Angeles, began operations in June 2001 and manages international, global, emerging market, and sustainable equity strategies. Causeway employs a unique blend of fundamental and quantitative investment strategies and offers its clients access to the firm’s proprietary risk analytics.
Position Overview: The Research Analyst will assist Sr. Research Analysts and Portfolio Managers in conducting in-depth research for listed companies globally, principally within the Industrials & Energy industries. This will include constructing and maintaining financial models, interacting with the highest levels of management at researched companies, liaising with sell-side analysts, analyzing company and industry trends and communicating research results and recommendations to the team. The Analyst will support investment recommendations with in-house research and rigorous accounting and financial analysis. Additional responsibilities include collaborating with research teammates in China, providing cross-sectional perspectives to fundamental and quantitative research teammates, including those covering other sectors (i.e. Communications Services, Consumer, Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology, etc.) The Research Analyst will be assigned at least one Causeway senior investment professional as a mentor to enhance learning about stocks and markets. The tenure of the role will be 2 – 4 years, with the potential for future advancement within the firm upon completion of the program.
Skills and Abilities:
- 2 - 4 years post-undergrad experience in a buy-side research, sell-side research or investment banking role.
- Industrials or Energy industry or research experience strongly preferred.
- Undergraduate university degree with excellent academic credentials. CFA or progress toward CFA is desirable.
- A strong passion for equity investing and respect for disciplined, value-oriented investment strategies.
- Comprehensive understanding of financial statements and valuation methodologies.
- Solid analytical, accounting, and financial modeling skills.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills; ability to articulate findings thoroughly, yet concisely.
- Creativity and intellectual curiosity.
- Demonstrated teamwork balanced with the ability to direct independent work.
Benefits of Employment:
- Highly competitive compensation.
- Frequent performance feedback and semi-annual performance reviews.
- Medical, dental, and vision premiums for employees and dependents are paid at 100%.
- 100% company-matched 401(k), immediate vesting.
- Work remotely up to one day per week. Work remotely for 10 consecutive days twice per year.
- Child and dependent care assistance.
- Gym sponsorship.
- Firm-wide volunteer opportunities.
Annual Salary: $115,000 – $155,000. Additionally, the Research Analyst will be eligible for an annual, discretionary bonus.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the fact or perception of their race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, reproductive health decisionmaking, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.