Investment Analyst Sr
- Los Angeles, California
- $128,381-$166,893 Yearly Salary
- Apr 28, 2023
- May 28, 2023
- Job Function
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset
- Industry Sector
- Finance - General
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion at Getty
Getty believes diversity, equity, accessibility and inclusion are essential to our excellence and to the execution of our mission. The Getty community values differences in the pursuit of inquiry and knowledge, mutual understanding, respect, trust, transparency, and cooperation. We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and includes individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. Individuals of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty is one of the world’s prominent cultural and philanthropic organizations dedicated to the visual arts. Getty’s Investment Department manages a diversified portfolio of $8.5 billion in assets. We employ some of the top investment managers across all asset classes and have generated top quartile returns. We are seeking an Investment Associate to join our team of ten investment professionals.
The Investment Associate will be a key member of a three-person team that manages the Absolute Return, Private Credit, and Fixed Income asset classes. Principal duties will be to track, monitor, evaluate, and select investment funds and co-investments for inclusion in the portfolio. The Investment Analyst will also perform ad-hoc market and industry research and develop reports for the investment team and board.
Evaluating potential investment managers will require both quantitative and qualitative skills. The Analyst will be in charge of gathering, processing, and documenting a variety of data on investment managers, markets, and opportunities. The Associate will arrange and participate in meetings and calls with prospective investment managers and track steps and timelines in the due diligence process. The Associate will be the primary resource for portfolio analysis on these asset classes and will use a variety of tools to create performance reports. Domestic and International travel will be required.
Candidates should be familiar with a variety of hedge fund, private credit, private equity, and other alternative investment strategies; as well as traditional equity and fixed income markets.
Major Job Responsibilities
• Analyze investment opportunities globally across public and private credit and absolute return strategies.
• Conduct and document due diligence meetings.
• Prepare, present, and defend investment recommendations.
• Monitor existing investments, calculate performance attribution and explain manager and portfolio results.
• Monitor daily cash flows to and from investment funds.
• Formulate independent judgments about investment opportunities.
• Build and maintain relationships with investment managers and other asset allocators.
• Prepare reports for management and trustee review.
• Compile and maintain information on investment managers.
• Review legal, financial, and regulatory documents.
• Generate ad-hoc Excel charts and PowerPoint presentations.
• Maintain and update CRM system in a timely manner.
• Collect, organize and analyze data, and present finding in team meetings.
• Coach and develop junior analysts and interns.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or related field required
• 5-8 years finance or investment experience
All employees must be fully-vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as a condition of employment. Exemptions from this requirement as a reasonable accommodation due to medical contraindication, disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Impeccable ethics.
• Quick and eager learner.
• Inquisitive nature.
• Methodical and efficient.
• Curiosity to explore niche investment strategies.
• Ability to manage multiple projects under little supervision.
• Highly proficient in data gathering, management, analysis, and presentation.
• Organized and able to manage several on-going projects.
• Skill using industry standard investment-related software and systems.
• Top marks in undergraduate education.
• Five to Nine years of work experience in institutional asset management.
Hiring Pay Scale
$128,381 - $166,893 Annually
Benefits and Perks
Here are just some examples that Getty offers/provides for full-time employees:
• Medical, Dental and Vision insurance coverage, starting on date of hire. Getty pays 75%-95% of the premium, depending on the plan selected.
• 403(b) Employee Investment retirement plan – with up to 5% Getty Match
• Getty contribution of 6%, on behalf of employee, to 401(a) retirement account
• Educational Assistance and professional development
• Paid Vacation, Sick and Personal Days
• 12 Paid Holidays
• Many positions have bi-weekly Off-Fridays
• On-Site Fitness Center at Getty Center
• Community service opportunities
To learn more about our comprehensive benefits and long list of perks, go to Getty HR.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, color, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/pqaXkjH5lzELqFewKirR5M