- DGA PP&HP
- Los Angeles, California
- $100,000 - $150,000
- May 26, 2023
- Jun 25, 2023
- Job Function
- Accounting/Audit/Tax, Operations
- Employment Type
- Full Time
CONTACTS AND RELATIONSHIPS
The position interfaces with CEO, CIO, management, staff, investment managers, vendors, outside professionals, custodial bank representatives, and others as necessary.
The Investment Accountant is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze investments and related financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial and investment reports and statements, and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
- Work independently, using discretion and independent judgment to manage investment operational data. Ensure data integrity and accuracy including monthly general ledger reconciliations, monthly financial statement data, custodian bank reconciliations, journal entries and audit schedules, detail fee/expense schedules, cash and investment movement instructions. Advise management on findings, issues, and recommendations for resolution.
- Reconcile reports from custodian bank and investment manager statements to create monthly journal entries.
- Organize and maintain files for investments (quarterly and annual reports, K-1s, 1099s, legal documents, correspondence, etc.
- Initiate trades and other money movement transactions based on decisions made by the Finance Committee, as directed by the CIO or CEO.
- Work with custodian bank to resolve any discrepancies or issues that may arise and to ensure custodian bank is meeting its responsibilities to the organization. Update Controller on any issues as they arise.
- Review and reconcile periodic invoices from investment managers.
- Ensure investment and financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Help manage investment performance databases and work with the CIO and Investment Department team on performance analysis and other related projects.
- Provide data and expertise on investment accounting matters related to the budgeting and forecasting process.